I’m not trying to brag but these really are the best gluten and dairy free Chocolate Chip Cookies!
I adapted the recipe I found at Host The Toast. Seriously she perfected it I just tweaked it to make it organic and gluten free. I’ve also made this recipe using regular organic flour and it turned out amazing. All my friends voted me as the new cookie Queen. *waves*
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons Arrowhead Mills Organic Gluten Free Heritage Blend all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons organic cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt (I use pink Himalayan salt, freshly ground)
- 1 ½ sticks (6 oz or 3/4 cup) organic vegan butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup organic light brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ cup organic granulated sugar
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1 bag of Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- In one bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt.
- In a larger bowl, mix together the cooled melted butter and the sugars with for about one minute. Then, add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients, mixing until all the flour is mixed. Add in the chocolate chips and continue to blend lightly until you have a nice mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to an hour, if you can wait that long!
- Once you have to have those cookies, take the dough out and preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Scoop out your cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. I like to use a ice cream scoop or you can use a tablespoon. I don’t use my hand to shape the dough but that is all in preference. Space them out nicely.
- Bake for about 12 minutes (times vary by oven so you might want to test bake times with a test batch).
- Remove form he over when the edges are golden brown and the center looks slight undercooked for those tasty chewy cookies. Let cool on the baking sheets if you want or if you are like me, give them long enough to cool down that they do not burn your tongue and enjoy with a glass of organic milk!
I promise you these gluten free cookies taste just like the ones you are use to. My husband who is a chocolate chipaholic LOVES them. Tag me on Instagram or Twitter and let me know if you tried out the recipe and what you thought!