The kids and I whipped up some tasty frozen yogurt popsicles that are good for you! No weird “healthy” taste or bland flavor, these popsicles have all the deliciousness with added Omega-3 goodness.
Barlean’s Omega Swirl is a revolutionary way to get your Omega-3 in for the day. I know some people do not like the taste of oils, and I am one of them. And burping it up later? No thank you! But these swirls taste like a smoothie all on their own. Barlean’s proprietary emulsification technology is designed to boost absorption and deliver significantly more nutritional value than standard supplements. By reducing the size of the fish and flax oil droplets, the oil more efficiently passes through the intestinal wall and into the bloodstream. They also offer vegan formulas!
Why is Omega-3 important? It supports:
- Heart health
- Cognitive function
- Energy & endurance
- Eye health
- Skin, hair, & nail health
- Join mobility & bone density
- Blood glucose levels
Barlean’s Omega Swirls can be enjoyed straight out of the bottle, or mixed into juice, yogurt, oatmeal, and more. I have used these Swirls in smoothies, fruit toppings, and as salad dressing. But my favorite way to enjoy them is mixed in with my favorite yogurt- the always organic Stonyfield yogurt.
- 2 Cups of Stonyfield Yogurt Smooth and Creamy French Vanilla Yogurt (divided)
- 2 Tbsps. (1 each of) Barlean’s Omega Swirl Pomegranate Blueberry and Mango Peach
- Cups or Popsicle Mold
- Paper Straws (if using cups)
- Fresh Fruit
1. Get 2 bowls. In one bowl combine 1 cup of Stonyfield yogurt with Barlean’s Omega Swirl Pomegranate Blueberry. In the other, combine the other cup of Stonyfield yogurt with Barlean’s Mango Peach.
2. Fill mold or cups evenly. Leaving a little space at the top. Place a cut paper straw into each cup.
3. Top with cut fresh fruit, pressing them into the yogurt.
4. Freeze for at least 2 hours or overnight.
5. Remove from freezer. Allow to thaw or use a knife to loosen the yogurt from the sides.
For more Barlean’s products and a complete list of the Omega Swirls visit Barleans.com
Another great way to enjoy Barlean’s Omega Swirls is in my Stonyfield Whole Milk Greek Yogurt Smoothie Recipe. Yum!
I am a Stonyfield Blogger. All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.