We love Chinese food and I have been working up the courage to attempt it at home for awhile. This dish was born out of that curiosity, the necessity for something easy, and the loathing of a lot of dishes.
Chicken and Fried Rice
- 2 cups leftover rice or instant rice
- Chicken thighs cut into pieces (about 6 thighs)
- Frozen vegetables- I used a stir fry mix
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Grapeseed or Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup of Teriyaki Sauce or Soy Sauce
- 14.4oz can of chicken broth
- Heat oil in the Ozeri 12in Green Earth Pan until hot
- Add eggs and stir until cooked
- Break apart eggs into smaller pieces (think scrambled eggs)
- Add chicken and cook until browned
- Add chicken broth and Teriyaki sauce, bring to a boil
- Stir in vegetables and rice; cover the pan and let cook for 8-10 minutes or until everything is heated through
The Ozeri Green Earth 12in Pan is joining my list of favorites. I have already reviewed the 8in and the 10in Ozeri pans, loving them both. There was no doubt that the big one, the 12in beast, would also find a place on my love list. I don’t always need to use such a big pan, but it is ideal for a stir-fry of any type, one pan meals, etc.
Ozeri Green Earth Pans are completely non-stick without all the toxic chemicals found in traditional non-stick pans. The sturdy handle, deep sides, and large cooking surface helped me to keep all the recipe in the pan and not flung out onto the stove or countertops! This pan also has the textured cooking surface allowing the food to float, which means less cooking grease. Cleanup is easy and every Ozeri product is backed with a lifetime guarantee. You can see why I adore these pans.
You can buy the Ozeri Green Earth 12in Pan and other Ozeri products on Amazon today!
I received a free pan for the purpose of this post. The links are Amazon affiliates. All opinions are my own.
I would ask if there is any Frozen fans in your house but that would be a silly question! We are big Frozen fans and when I heard that Disney On Ice was bringing Frozen to life I could not wait to see it. As shocking as it might seem, I have never seen Disney On Ice. Crazy right? Seeing Frozen on ice will be an amazing family experience!
Disney on Ice presents Frozen! will be coming to the DC, MD, and VA area next month at the Patriot Center and Baltimore Arena! Not only will be transported into the snow filled world of Arendelle but a few of my other Disney favorites are making special appearances too. We cannot wait, hurry and gran your tickets today before they are all gone!
Enter a fantastical winter wonderland beyond all imagination at Disney On Ice presents Frozen! The heartwarming, Academy Award-winning tale you love is now LIVE and skating into your town. You’ll be magically whisked away into the wintery world of Arendelle, where you will be dazzled by amazing special effects and astonishing skating. Sing and dance along to your favorite songs, including “Do You Want to Build a Snowman” and “Let It Go.” Join royal sisters Elsa and Anna, the hilarious snowman Olaf, huntsman Kristoff, his loyal reindeer Sven and the mystical trolls as they journey to discover that true love is ultimately the most magical power of all!
Produced by Feld Entertainment, Disney On Ice presents Frozen! will also feature guest appearances by the beloved Disney Princesses as well as characters from The Lion King, Toy Story and Finding Nemo. Disney On Ice presents Frozen! will be at the Patriot Center from October 22 – 27.
Wednesday, October 22 _ Monday, October 27, 2014
- Wednesday. October 22 | 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday. October 23 | 7:00 p.m.
- Friday. October 24 | 10:30 a.m., 3:30 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday. October 25 | 10:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday. October 26 | 10:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
- Monday. October 27 | 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, October 29 _ Sunday, November 2, 2014
- Wednesday. October 29 | 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday. October 30 | 7:30 p.m.
- Friday. October 31 | 10:30 a.m. & 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday. November 1 | 11:00 a.m., 2:30 p.m., & 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday. November 2 | 11:00 a.m., 2:30 p.m., & 6:30 p.m.
Patriot Center Weekday Ticket Prices: $20, $35, $55 VIP, $85 Front Row
Patriot Center Weekend Ticket Prices: $25, $40, $70 VIP, $85 Front Row
Baltimore Arena Weekday Ticket Prices: $20, $25, $30, $50, $65
Baltimore Arena Weekend Ticket Prices: $25, $31, $41, $75, $100
Venue/Ticket Information: Tickets can be purchased at all Ticketmaster outlets via charge, by phone at 800-745 -3000; via www.ticketmaster.com; at the Patriot Center box office and at BaltimoreArena.com.
While the kiddos color that, enter to win a family 4 pack of tickets to See Disney On Ice presents Frozen! at the Patriot Center on Monday October 27th 2014!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I am a Feld Family Ambassador, and in exchange for this post and all time and efforts put into sharing my opinions and anything Feld Entertainment is offering, I was provided with complimentary tickets to Feld shows and opportunities to attend private Feld pre-show events. All opinions are my own. Feld is neither the a sponsor or endorser of this giveaway. The giveaway is god for the Baltimore Arena show on Monday October 27th 2014.
Morton Salt is a household name. I remember growing up and there was always Morton Salt on the table for each meal. We cooked with it, baked with it, and used it in our water system. When I grew up I switched from the regular table salt to the Morton Sea Salt. Who knew that after all these years of using Morton Salt I would be helping to celebrate the 100th Birthday of the Morton Salt Girl?!
To celebrate the birthday, I had everyone play a little Morton Salt Trivia game. Winner was going to take home a goodie bag for a spa day at home, including Morton’s salt latest product – Epson Salt. We all learned a lot from the trivia game and if Salt is one of the choices, then it is always the right answer!
Did you know that Morton Salt is the originator of the phrase “When it rains, it pours?” Over a century ago, when Morton was marketing a new product, a salt that would flow freely even in damp weather, they ran ads featuring the Morton Salt Girl and “Even in rainy weather, it flows freely.” This was then shortened to “When It Rains It Pours.” Cool right?
Morton Salt included several delicious sounding recipes in the party kit. I finally decided after a lot of help and voting, on the Honey Orange Chicken & Spring Greens.
- 1lb chickn strip tenders cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon Morton Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme divide
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained (reserve 2 tablespoons of juice)
- 1 cup prepared honey-mustard dressing
- 10 ounces baby spring greens
- 1 Granny Smith or Fuji apple cored and thinly sliced
- Brush chicken with 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Season with 1/2 tsp Morton Kosher Salt & 1/4 tsp thyme
- Cover & Refrigerate for 30mins
- In medium skillet, heat remaining olive oil
- Saute chicken pieces until it is cooked through & juices run clear
- In small bowl, combine garlic, reserved juice from oranges, remaining Morton Kosher Salt, & remaining thyme with honey-mustard dressing
- Drizzle cooked chicken with 2 tbsp dressing mixture, set aside
- In large bowl, mix greens with oranges and apple slices; lightly toss 1/3 cup dressing mixture
- Top greens with chicken
- Serve immediately with remaining honey-mustard dressing mixture
As much as I love to eat, one of my favorite ways to enjoy Morton Salt is poolside. Salt Water pools are a thing and Morton Pool Salt is perfect for them!
Happy Birthday Morton Salt Girl, you look fabulous!
What is your favorite way to enjoy Morton Salt?
I received free Morton Salt products in order to host the Happy 100th Birthday Morton Salt Girl MommyParty. The opinions expressed here are my own.
This MommyParty was all about the delicious, no calorie, natural sweetener Monk Fruit In The Raw.
I have been a fan of Monk Fruit for awhile now. It has a great taste (no bitter aftertaste), sweetens like sugar, doesn’t add calories to my day. Love it! This party was the perfect way to get my friends to try it out and make believers out of them.
At the beverage bar, guests could make their favorite hot drink or try the iced green tea, sweetening them up with Monk Fruit In The Raw packets.
For dessert, I made the Monk Fruit In The Raw Recipe- Best Chewy Brownies
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces dark (60-62 percent) chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of sugar (I used Organic White Sugar In The Raw)
- 1/2 cup of Monk Fruit In The Raw Bakers Bag
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-pupose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I omitted these due to allergies)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray (I used olive oil)
- Melt the butter. Add chocolate and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Using a whisk, stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Whisk in sugar and Monk Fruit In The Raw Baker’s Bag
- One at a time, whisk in eggs
- Stir in vanilla
- Mix in flour
- Stir in nuts
- Spread the batter evenly in pan
- Bake 22mins or until toothpick inserted comes out almost clean
- Let stand until completely cool
It’s not a party without at least one game and a lot of laughs. The S.W.E.E.T. Word Game made us exercise our brains. And it was a lot harder than it looks!
MommyParties means everyone goes home with something! Inside these great linen bags were a box of Monk Fruit In The Raw, Coupons, and Recipe Cards.
What is your favorite way to enjoy Monk Fruit In The Raw?
I received free In The Raw products in order to host the In The Raw MommyParty. The opinions expressed here are my own.
We are pirate obsessed in this house! I have been a Pirate lover since the first time I ever rode Pirates of the Caribbean at Walt Disney World. When my first mate pirate son wanted a Jake and the Neverland Pirates Birthday Party I knew it was going to be a blast mateys.
As you enter the Pirate’s lair, you find Captain Hook’s desk. Watch out for that sneaky snook!
A trip to the beach and awesome finds at The Irish Pirate Trading Company and Pub, landed me the huge Jolly Roger flag seen above and this anchor.
This Map of Neverland was a first for me. I typically draw something for the kids’ parties but this involved a more extensive process to bring the map to life. After sketching the initial borders, I began to outline, blend, shade, and color. Then I used tea bags to age the paper. Final step was to very carefully burn the edges. The kids loved the end result and it now finds a home in our Pirate and Mermaid bathroom.
Game Time: Walk The Plank, Dig For Buried Treasure, and a Pirate Tattoo Parlor!
Into the Galley, its time to eat! I tried to theme each food with something from the show.
Cake pops upside down with sails and you have Bucky Cake Pops for yerr crew!
The Loot Bags were one of my favorite parts of the party. I used my antique wooden chest and filled it with jewels and pirate treasures. Follow the map where X marks the spot for all the little pirates to find their bag with their names on it!
Your little mates can learn their pirates’ name at Disney Junior!