Butternut Squash Soup is something I really enjoy eating. It is not a dish I have ever tried making. When I got my Hometown Harvest bag I found a nice sized organic squash tucked inside. Originally I thought, I will chop this up and sauté it with some olive oil and zucchini. My friend however challenged me to step outside my cooking comfort zone and make a soup using my squash.
I always get nervous with a new recipe. If you screw it up then dinner is ruined and if you’re a perfectionist like me you feel like you are a terrible person!
Despite the apprehension and fear I was about to waste a beautiful squash I rolled my sleeves up and got cooking.
- 1/2 Spanish Onion (chopped)
- 6 Cloves of Garlic (chopped)
- 5 Medium Carrots (chopped)
- Chicken Broth
- 1 Large Squash (diced)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Sea Salt
- Heat olive oil and sauté the onion, garlic, and carrots until tender
- Add the squash, chicken broth, thyme, basil, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper to taste.
- Simmer until tender
- Puree with a stick blender until smooth
I think it turned out great! The family loved it and asked for seconds so I would call it a success.
One of the fun things about having Hometown Harvest as a sponsor is I will be pushed to try and create new recipes. I am looking forward to the challenge!
What is your favorite Squash recipe?