As I sit here excited about the upcoming Disney Social Media Moms Celebration, my mind can’t help but be filled with all things Disney. I might argue that it is more filled with Disney than usual and that is saying a lot. Then I realized that I’m not just a Disney Mom, I am a big Disney Kid. Read my list and see if you’re a big Disney Kid too.
10. When your child finally reaches 40inches you cheer at the doctors office because that means they can FINALLY ride almost everything… Splash Mountain here we come!
9. You find yourself watching Disney Jr, Disney Channel, or Disney XD even when they aren’t around and humming along to the theme songs. Miles, Miles from Tomorrowland
8. You refer to and treat Disney characters like your best friends. The laughs are endless when you reunite after months apart! What you can’t see here is my husband and I laughing right along with them. Now that he has given up his pursuit of Belle, Gaston isn’t such a bad guy.
7. Unless they are a true Disney fan like yourself, your friends will refuse to play any Disney themed game with you. This game could be renamed Daddy and Kids vs Mommy
6. You can write a report on Walt Disney’s life without even opening a book. True story, the Princess is doing one on Walt Disney as I write this. Glancing over the questions she needs to answer, yeah I’ve got this, no library books needed.
5. It doesn’t matter the situation, you have a Disney quote to go along with it bonus points if you break out into song to express your feelings to the fullest. It means no worries, for the rest of your days, it’s our problem free philosophy Hakuna Matata.
4. If you hear someone say what’s a Dole Whip anyways? You just might faint. It is only one of the best food creations on the planet. This also applies for Mickey pretzels, churros, Mickey ice cream bars, and turkey legs.
one more for good measure, specifically my favorite the Dole Whip Float
3. You’ve memorized the Monorail “Please Stand Clear of the Doors” announcement. See also: Walt Disney Resort Buses, Walt Disney World RailRoad, and any park ride. Por favor montengase alejado de las puertas
2. If anyone questions your Disney knowledge you practically go Maleficent transforming into a Dragon on them. Are you really going to doubt me when I tell you that Rafiki means friend in Swahili? The Lion King is only my favorite movie of all time! Dishonor! Dishonor on you. Dishonor on your cow!
And the #1 Sign you are a Disney Kid: You not only love Disney, you live Disney, finding the magic in everyday life. So wear your Mickey Ears with pride, you are never to old to show your DisneySide!
What would you add to this list?