What happens when Disney Learning teams up with Hal Leonard? You get the all new Disney Musical Exploration Books!
Thank you to Disney and Hal Leonard for sending these over!
Thank you to Disney and Hal Leonard for sending these over!
Get ready for non stop action, spy missions, steal attacks, and a lot of laughs in James Patterson and Chris Grabenstein’s book: Treasure Hunters Peril at the Top of the World! The Kidd family is back and ready to tackle their latest adventure. When a set of priceless paintings by Leonardo da Vinci and Rembrandt go missing the Kidd family is on the case.
This is the fourth book in the Treasure Hunters series. And the first one we have read. I really enjoyed the book as did the kids. I think this book is perfect for independent reading as well as reading aloud. Throughout the book there are illustrations which help children visualize what they are reading. My daughter devoured this book within a day! Her brother is not quite there yet in being able to read a big chapter book alone. But that is okay, because we had some great laughs and snuggles reading Treasure Hunters together as a family.
The Kidd family has never backed down from a treasure hunt!
In their newest adventure, the Kidd family searches for lost treasure in the frosty Arctic!
When the biggest heist in history takes place in Moscow, the Kidds rush in to save the day- but instead, they’re accused of being the thieves themselves. Time is running out to find the stolen treasure, and they’re this close to being thrown into a Russian prison for a crime they didn’t commit! Will the Kidd family find the golden goods in the middle of the frigid Arctic? An even more important- will they make it out of the icy wasteland alive?
This post contains an affiliate link. Thank you to MomSelect for the opportunity to share about this great book. Although this post is sponsored all opinions are my own.
Journey back into the world of Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Sven, and Olaf in the all new Frozen Northern Lights! Your little ones will love these collection of books, animated shorts from LEGO, and new digital extensions. Starting this month, Frozen fans can journey with Anna, Elsa, Olaf, Kristoff, and Sven on an epic adventure to restore the glimmer of the Northern Lights.
Look at that cutie Sven!
The first book, Disney Frozen Northern Lights: Journey to the Lights is available now! Coming soon will be a collection of books featuring the familiar characters we know and love. Plus the readers will be introduced to a new protagonist named, Little Rock. The story will get the LEGO treatment with four animated shorts and a full compilation airing on Disney Channel this fall.
Not only will the shorts bring the super fun animation and laughs that we have come to adore about Lego adaptations but the original voice cast will be reprising their roles! I know my kids will be happy to see their favorites back on the screen with more adventures!
Read the first chapter of the new book at frozen.disney.com! Also this site will be updated with fun activities tied to the new story.
For more information on Disney Frozen Northern Lights: Journey to the Lights, visit Journey to the Lights.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EcoBoysAndGirls #CollectiveBias
The Teachable Mommy house is getting ready for Earth Day by stretching our farmer muscles! Read on to see what inspired us to hitch up our overalls (okay jeans) and get to planting!
Want an easy way to get your kids excited about Earth Day? Head over to iTunes to purchase Eco Boys and Girls! These animated books, written by Maria Snyder, are made for children around the world ages Pre K to Third Grade (my 4th grader likes them too!) as a fun, interactive way to inspire them and their families to get involved in caring for, learning more about, and protecting our world. The five characters: Ernie Earth, Lulu Love, Patsy Peace, Ray Recycle, and Sammy Sun take kids on a journey to learn more about organic farming, energy, the everglades, urban gardening, and even visit the ocean!
Eco Boys and Girls are made for iBooks. Purchase your Eco Boys and Girls books available starting April 1st. Watch the animated characters, read along with their voices and see them in action right here!
Each Eco Boys and Girls book shares lessons and ideas that inspire kids to become better citizens of the world. But this educational experience goes beyond just books. Teachers (and parents) can use the resources, lesson plans, and activities that are part of the Eco Boys and Girls Sustainability Programs to further extend the learning and nurturing of their excitement about their environment.
I wish we had books like this when I was teaching! My Kindergarten class was always excited to learn about how they could do something mighty for our planet. I like that the Eco Boys and Girls focuses on younger children who, believe me, get just as excited about the environment, protecting it, and taking care of each other as we do.
All this good work isn’t just confined to the United States. Internationally, the Eco Boys and Girls works with leading organizations such as the National Education Association, Association of Children’s Museums, Association of Science and Technology centers, and are reaching internationally through the United Nations and global peace building organizations. The more we educate the future generations the better our world can become!
We read each of the Eco Boys and Girls books aloud. I enjoyed pausing to ask the kids their answers to the questions woven throughout each book. Then I asked “okay what are you excited to do now?” Go to the beach, looking for baby sea turtles, and clean up trash! Play in the everglades, looking for different animals!
Since we couldn’t head to the beach or hop on a plane to play with gators, I asked them what do you think is something we could do here at home? After some thought and debate amongst themselves, they came up with the idea to get down and dirty and start an organic farm.
Due to living in the suburbs with a playful pooch, I got them to concede to something that would fit on our deck. A little urban gardening in the burbs. We decided to plant organic herbs. They had fun choosing which herbs we would include:
This is a fun DIY for the whole family, even the pups!
Fill your planter about halfway with the organic soil.
Break up your herbs into smaller bunches.
Put about an inch of soil into the ice cream cones, then add the smaller herb bunch.
The kids can get a little overzealous with the dirt!
Plant the ice cream cone, adding more soil on top until buried.
Repeat steps 2 -4 until all your herbs are planted.
Take some time to stop and smell the mint!
Water your newly potted herbs. Then sit back and enjoy the fresh smells and tastes!
*Disclaimer: Planting ice cream cones will not grow ice cream. Sorry kids!
Encourage your little ones to become eco kids with the complete set of Eco Boys and Girls only $5.99 per book, 6 books total in the series. Go to iTunes and search “ecoboysandgirls” to find them all!
Buy them today on iTunes!
All opinions are my own. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EcoBoysAndGirls #CollectiveBias
Thanksgiving is over. Let the madness begin. Everyone is out shopping and stressing to get those perfect gifts, especially the “top toys” of the year. Not me. When it comes to giving gifts I do give toys but they aren’t the end all be all of my shopping. I don’t know about your house but mine could actually use a little less toys. Anyways, when I shop for my kids I always pick up new books. Being an avid reader, my goal is to cultivate in my children that same love. My favorite books for them are fun, engaging, and educational.
As a Moms Meet Blogger I get the opportunity to try out great products and introduce my readers to companies who share my love for the environment. National Geographic is one of those that I really love. Not only for their commitment to the environment but their whole line of books designed for children and adults too. National Geographic Kids books are perfect for any child on your list. There is something for every interest, ages 4 & up, and animal lovers for sure.
1. Ultimate Weird But True 2! We already had the first Ultimate Weird But True and the whole family loved it. We all sat around looking through the book and picking out the weirdest thing we had ever heard. My husband liked the freaky looking Blue Lobster. It is blue due to a genetic defect that only occurs in about one of every two million lobsters! I am all about the animals too. I learned that about 10% of a cats’ bones are in its tail! Crazy.
2. Kids Almanac 2014 “Everything you always wanted to know about Everything!” Seriously, it is full of everything. Facts, games, activities, jokes, and digital extras for your smartphone. There is a business for building dog house mansions. Say what?!
3. Fun Fill-In My Animal Adventure! This book takes the fun of fill in the blanks to the next level. Not only are they hilarious and easy enough for little one to do too they also have fun facts about animals. Also full color pictures to help set the scene for your wacky story!
4. First Big Book of Why! It was if the author knew my children, specifically my son. All I hear all day everyday is Why? But Why? Why Why WHY?! Because I said so! But why you say so? Sigh. Thank you National Geographic Kids, now at least I can point to a page and say THAT’S Why! And learn somethings too. Like: Why is a Jungle Gym called that? The inventor named them, thinking the children would have fun swinging, hanging, and climbing just like Monkeys. He was right.
5. Best Friends Forever! This chapter book is full of true stories of animal friendships. My daughter and I both awed over the heartwarming stories. We loved the story of Jasmine the greyhound who has a lot of interesting animal friends! I think this book is perfect to cuddle up on the couch and read together even if they are already Ms. Independents like my girl.
6. Just Joking 4! 300 jokes about everything including tongue twisters, riddles, and more! I’m not sure how it started but my daughter is now obsessed with telling jokes. She also turns the tables requesting a funny one from me. Thankfully I don’t have to be super funny to get a laugh (yet). We take turns telling jokes from Just Joking 4 to see who laughs the loudest. The tongue twisters are perfect for belly laughs! Say this 3 times fast: The shortstop sports short socks.
7. Meerkats Level 1 Super Reader Book! My kids love Meerkats. Thanks to a certain Disney movie 😉 Did you know Meerkats have jobs? One of those jobs is a teacher. It is the job of the teachers to help the baby Meerkats learn all there is to know about life as a Meerkat. Pretty cool right? Super readers are great for children who are pre-readers, reading with help, or reading on their own.
For the young at heart on your list this year I recommend the Devoted and Mother’s Love books. You might want to wrap these up with a box of tissues. Devoted features 38 stories of love, loyalty, and life with dogs. Like the story of Effie, who sniffed out breast cancer in her owner and saved her life. *sniff* Mother’s Love is full of inspiring true stories from the animal kingdom as well as quotes about motherhood. Scarlet the cat went into a burning building 5 times to save her kittens, despite being badly injured herself. *tear* Ok I can’t share anymore, I’m going to start crying all over the keyboard.
A special deal for my readers: From now until December 31st 2013 you will receive a special 30% discount when you order at ngbooks.org/momsmeet For delivery by Christmas, order by December 6th 2013!
Books are also available for purchase wherever books are sold.
**One random reader who leaves a comment will win one of the books mentioned above!** Leave a comment telling me which book you would like to win and who you would give it to! Winner will be announced on my Facebook page Teachable Mommy on December 11th 2013!
I received this product for free from the sponsor of the MomsMeetsm program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meetsm blogger, I agreed to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC. or the manufacturer of the product.